Eosxd integration for a workstation

Hello,

What is the best way to integrate mounting remote eos directories on a Linux (CentOS7) workstation ?
Are there systemctl scripts around ?
I would guess that the use of /etc/sysconfig/eos as described in http://eos-docs.web.cern.ch/eos-docs/configuration/fusex.html is linked to eosd and outdated when using eosxd. Remains the configuration files /etc/eos/fuse.conf and the like. Right ?

Thanks

JM

Hi Jean-Michel,

You are right, the sysconfig files are not used any more with eosxd. A correct way seems to create config files in /etc/eos/ and simply use /etc/fstab :

with /etc/eos/fuse.instance.conf fstab line is :

eosxd    /mount/point             fuse    fsname=instance   0 0

with /etc/eos/fuse.conf (guessing it…)

eosxd    /mount/point             fuse    defaults   0 0

It works by then running mount -a and should also be mounted at boot.

Are you OK with creating the conf files ? I’m not sure that config files example are yet in the documentation, but you can find one in the repository.

Thank you Franck,

About the configuration file, I read that there are defaults for most if not all the parameters, so I believe that a minimul configuration file listing the EOS server, the remote directory and the local mountpoint should be enough to make it work.

Is what you call an “instance” on the client side simply a mean to manage several eos mounts or is it related in some way to the EOS “instance name” on the server side ?

JM

The instance name references a config file but instead you can write host/mount
eossubatech. fr:/eos/nantes
and you don’t need a config file.

Thank you Andreas, in /etc/fstab, I added:

#
# EOS
#
eosxd    /eos             fuse    fsname=nansubaeos.in2p3.fr:/eos   0 0

And it works nicely. So no need to have a config file /etc/eos/fuse.conf except for adding non-default parameter values.

Thanks

JM