Disable a single file system from a server

Hi! I have quite a problem with an raid array (from a total of 4) from the single server that we have. Is there a possibility to disable only that fs?
Would eos fs config 1 configstatus=off work?

Hi Adrian,

Yes, putting the fs to off should be good enough for it not to be picked up by the scheduler.

Cheers,
Elvin

Thanks a lot!
Related to cases where a single fs is down from many: is there a way to let eos know that the set directory should be a mount point? and if no volume is mounted at that point to ignore the location with an warning or error?

Hi Adrian,

For eos it makes to difference if that is a mountpoint or not. If the mountpoint/volume is not available then the file system will not properly boot and it will not be used for scheduling.

Cheers,
Elvin

well, my worry is that if the directory is not mounted, there will be writes in that directory (which lives in /) that would lead to filled up / and lost data. (e.g i mount my volume to /storage01 the directory is still present even if volume is not mounted there. will there be writes in the unmounted /storage01 ?)

Hi Adrian,

eos does not write data on the unmounted directory even though the ownership and permission are correct because probably the unmounted directory, e.g. /storage01, does not contain .eosfsid, .eosfsuuid files which are generated on mounted directory when you register a FST.

Sang-Un

1 Like

oh, i see, thanks a lot for info!!