Dependency problems in EOS repo?

i have some strange situation :

---> Package eos-xrootd.x86_64 0:4.11.3-1.el7.cern will be updated
--> Processing Dependency: eos-xrootd = 4.11.3 for package: eos-server-4.7.7-1.el7.cern.x86_64
--> Processing Dependency: eos-xrootd = 4.11.3 for package: eos-client-4.7.7-1.el7.cern.x86_64
--> Processing Dependency: eos-xrootd = 4.11.3 for package: eos-fuse-core-4.7.7-1.el7.cern.x86_64
---> Package eos-xrootd.x86_64 0:4.12.1-1.el7.cern will be an update
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: eos-client-4.7.7-1.el7.cern.x86_64 (@eos-citrine)
           Requires: eos-xrootd = 4.11.3

but i have

[root@mgm ~]# rpm -qa | grep eos-xrootd
eos-xrootd-4.11.3-1.el7.cern.x86_64

any idea what is going on? the update of oes components is broken at this moment
Thank you!
Adrian

Hi Adrian,

This is not an issue here it’s actually a protection put in place to avoid update surprises. What yum is telling you is that it found a new eos-xrootd version that it can update to namely (4.12.1) but the currently installed eos-client (for example) has an explicit dependency on eos-xrootd-4.11.3 - therefore this update will not go through. Which is exactly what we want.

You can/should exclude “eos-*” from the automatic yum updates as you hardly ever want this to happen without your knowledge.

Cheers,
Elvin

Hi! I see… there is no automatic updating service, myself is enough for the entire datacenter :smile:
I prefer to be always on the latest version, as any bugs encountered on the latest versions are the most likely to get the most attention from the developers :wink: